Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Welcome!

Welcome to Science is Fun! My goal is to produce a blog where families can come to get ideas about science. Being a student scientist myself, I hope to bring real world applications for children (and parents) to learn what it is like to be a real scientist. If you ever have any questions or want to spark a discussion, please email me or comment on this post. I would love this to be an interactive community.

Each day will have a theme, and I will do my best to update the blog regularly. Wednesdays theme will be "Blasting through Books," so let's get started. Today's book is titled, "I Wonder Why Stars Twinkle" by Carole Stott. This is a great book about space that young children can understand. It is true to what scientists know about our planet and the universe, but written so that children (and parents) grasp the concepts. The pictures are great, too. My son and nephew, ages 4yrs. and 6yrs., really like to sit down and read this one. We bought this book while we toured the Kennedy Space Center in Florida. (A vacation I highly recommend!)


Well, that is it for today! Come back tomorrow for more scientific adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment